Plaque unveiled 30 May 2014
COULSDON COMRADES CLUB
The Bourne Society’s plaque number 30 was unveiled on 30 May 2014 at the Comrades Club, Coulsdon – the second one on the building. The earlier plaque is described on this web site as Plaque 26 – Gordon Pirie, Coulsdon.
This new plaque celebrates the Comrades Club at Coulsdon itself, marking the early history of the site including an early St Andrew’s mission church, the opening of the Comrades Club building and location of a talk in 1911 given by the famous women’s suffrage campaigner, Mrs Pankhurst.