News and additions to the website
- Chipstead Village History
The Bourne Society is proud to announce the arrival of the eleventh volume in the acclaimed Village Histories series, covering Chipstead and including Mugswell, Hooley and Netherne-on-the-Hill, by Jon Grant & Liz Bonsall.
182 pp, 254 x 210 mm, illustrated in full colour. Thanks to a generous donation, we are able to keep the price at £10 + £3 postage and packing. Enquiries to 01883 349745 please.
- Local History Records, vol. 107, has been printed and is being delivered to members.
- The programmes of meetings and other events have been updated as far as November 2022.
- Caterham-on-the-Hill Town Trail leaflet (below).
- The Index to Bourne Society Local History Records volumes 46 to 106 (2006-Spring 2022) Now available here for free download.
Caterham-on-the-Hill Town Trail
Produced jointly by the Bourne Society and East Surrey Museum, this double-sided, folded leaflet will guide you around the twelve most historic sites in Caterham-on-the-Hill. A brief description and photograph of each site is included, but pointing your mobile at each of the QR codes will take you to highly illustrated and detailed essays on a dedicated website. You can view or print your copy by following this link, and you can even download a helpful map. Ready-printed copies are available in the museum free of charge. Leaflets covering other areas will appear as time allows.