- Bletchingley Conservation & Historical Society
This society currently has no website of its own. The link will take you to the Bletchingley Village website where information will be found under ‘Clubs & Groups’. The Society meets at 8 pm on the second Thursday of the month in the Village Hall.
- British Association for Local History
The purpose of the BALH is to encourage and assist the study of local history as an academic discipline and as a rewarding leisure pursuit for both individuals and groups.
- Caterham & District Local History Centre. A local history resource centre based in Caterham Valley Library with stewarded sessions on the first Tuesday afternoon of each month at 2:00-4:00 pm, and on the second and fourth Saturday mornings of each month at 10:00-12:00.
- Croydon Local Studies Library
A collection of books, photographs, maps, newspapers and other items that are of value in the study of the past, present and future of Croydon. You can view them by visiting Croydon LSL on Level 3 of the Central Library. You do not need to be a member of the library or book to see these resources. However, it may help if you contact them in advance to find out whether they have what you are looking for.
- Croydon Natural History and Scientific Society
Founded in 1870 as the Croydon Microscopical Club, the CNHSS has much in the way of printed matter and museum specimens that is relevant to the district and the archives may help your studies.
- East Surrey Family History Society
The East Surrey Family History Society website also includes material on the London Borough of Croydon, covering the northernmost part of the Bourne Society area.
- East Surrey Museum
The East Surrey Museum welcomes a wide range of users. Some visit the museum just to browse the collection, others to make use of our research facilities. It is the local history museum for the whole Tandridge District Council area. The curator and volunteers look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
- Godstone Preservation Society
Formed to combat developments regarded as a threat to the village, the Society has an interest in local history and preserves an archive of photographs.
- The Holmesdale Natural History Club is a charity promoting the study of natural history, local history, archaeology and geology in the vicinity of Reigate. It has extensive museum collections which include a large collection of stuffed birds, herbarium specimens, local history and archaeological collections.
- Honeywood Museum is a Grade II listed building next to the Carshalton Ponds. There are exhibitions which tell the fascinating history of the house and the people who lived there, and an on-going diary of events which illuminate the history of Carshalton and the Borough of Sutton.
- Oxted and District History Society
History of the Oxted Area. The Society’s dedicated website is no longer maintained and the domain has been allowed to expire. Contact and other information may also be found on the Tandridge website
or by Googling the society’s name.
- RH7 History Group
This group, founded in 1999 by the late Peter Gray, an eminent local historian and acknowledged expert in historic buildings, aims to encourage and assist in the study of local and family history. As the name suggests, the group focusses on the RH7 postal district which covers the south-east Surrey communities of Lingfield, Blindley Heath, Crowhurst, Dormansland and Newchapel.
- Surrey Archaeological Society
This society was founded in 1854 for ‘the investigation of subjects connected with the history and antiquities of the County of Surrey’. 150 years later, the society’s objectives remain substantially the same, but the techniques in use have changed considerably.
- Surrey Archives – “Exploring Surrey’s Past”
Read pages telling you about the People, Places, and Times that have helped shape the county of Surrey. You can find these by searching, or by browsing the People, Places and Times sections. Includes archives from Surrey History Centre, archaeology records from the Historic Environment Record (or HER), museum records from six different museum catalogues from around the county, Local History Records from Local History Centres in Surrey Libraries.
- Surrey Hills Society
The Surrey Hills Society is an independent charity promoting the positive enjoyment and care of the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty for those who live, work in, or visit the area. The society encourages people to explore and learn about the special qualities and distinctiveness of the area.
- Wandle Industrial Museum. Located on London Road, Mitcham, the museum was founded in 1983, its mission being to preserve, store, and interpret the heritage and history of the industries and people of the River Wandle.
- Woldingham History Society
There is currently no direct link to this society.